A delicious Girls’ Evening
The atmospheric Hotel du Vin in Winchester was the setting for another successful Winchester Wine School event this week – a ladies-only tasting which went down a storm.
‘I’ve been to wine tasting events before,’ commented one taster after the event, ‘and they were so boring in comparison!’
A capacity audience sat down to enjoy jelly beans, aroma bottles and Susie’s lively tutelage.
The wines on show were:
- Taste the Difference Prosecco Conegliano Superiore DOCG Brut 2010 (£9.99, Sainsbury’s)
- Southbank Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2010, Marlborough (£7.99, Majestic)
- Tyrrell’s Old Winery Rosé 2009 (£9.49, everywine.co.uk)
- Secano Estate Pinot Noir 2008, Leyda (£7.99, Marks & Spencer)
- Rioja Reserva Vendimia Seleccionada 2005, Muriel (£9.99, Majestic)
- Pinot Gris Kirchberg de Barr Grand Cru 2006, Rieffel (£15.95, Berry Bros. & Rudd)
- Campbell’s Rutherglen Muscat NV (£9.99, Waitrose)
Some guests kindly wrote to us after the event to send us their feedback. A sample of this is as follows:
‘Thanks for such a lovely evening – I have been to wine tasting events before and they were so boring in comparison! I really enjoyed it, and look forward to reading the newsletter and spreading the word of your events around!’ (Louise)
‘Raved about it – so enjoyable and informative’ (Nicola)
‘Pitched at just the right level – thanks for a great evening, Susie.’ (Jane)
‘Thanks Susie – I had a great time! I have already been to Majestic today – I bought the Rioja but they’ve run out of the Sauvignon Blanc…Maybe there was a rush on it after last night! I hope to attend another wine tasting soon.’ (Vicky)
We are running two more wine courses this spring, as follows:
Master of Wine student weekend – 7th-9th May, Guildhall, Winchester (now sold out)
New dates for autumn 2011 will be announced in late spring.