B2B festive style
(by peter & susie)
We had a great time featuring some delicious wines (as below), lovely food, playing the odd game, having fun with taste experiments and generally chewing the cud about all thinks wine, Christmas – and George Clooney (as you do).
It was another sell-out event, with a fabulous atmosphere and some brilliant comments and questions from a lovely bunch. We feel very privileged to do what we do and it’s always fantastic to see how interested people are in wine and how so many people are naturally very perceptive tasters (even if they don’t always credit themselves with the ability).
Although it may be a bit premature, this is also a nice time to wish everyone a very happy festive period and new year. We’ll be putting out a newsletter with our top Christmas bargain wine choices soon, as ever, but in the meantime here are a few excellent wines to be getting on with:
- Prosecco Conegliano Superiore Brut DOCG 2011, Taste the Difference, Italy, 11% (£10.99 down to £7.36 in bottle and £19.99 down to £14.99 in magnum, Sainsbury’s, until 11th Dec 2012)
- Ragged Point Sauvignon Blanc 2011, Marlborough, New Zealand,13% (£7.49 down to £5.99, Majestic)
- Bellingham The Bernard Series Grenache Blanc Viognier 2011, Paarl, South Africa, 14% (£10.99, Tesco)
- Viña Leyda Single Vineyard Loica Pinot Noir rosé 2010, Leyda, Chile (£9.99, Waitrose)
- Rioja Reserva 2007, Berberana, Spain, 13.5% (£10.99 down to £6.99, Majestic)
- Tim Adams Shiraz 2009, Clare Valley, Australia, 14% (£12.49, Tesco)
- Henriques & Henriques 10-year-old Madeira Malmsey, Portugal, 20% (£16.99 for 50cl, Majestic)
We’ll be changing the way we run our events from next year, with some exciting plans including launching the Winchester Wine Festival. We’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, we’ll be hosting a very special Valentine’s tasting on Thursday 14th February 2013 at the brand new Cactus Kitchens in Clapham, where Saturday Kitchen is produced. We’ll also be welcoming everyone to What Food What Wine Live – the food-and-wine extravaganza – on Sat 16th March at Lord’s. And finally we’ll also be at the summer BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham on Weds 12th June.