Back to Basics Oct 11
(by peter & susie)
The wines showed very well and the evening was generally free-flowing and relaxed. Just the kind of atmosphere we like.
We certainly had a great time and everyone there seemed to enjoy themselves too. To quote some of the feedback we had:
‘Thank you so much for a wonderful evening, we enjoyed it very much. We have certainly learnt a lot and picked up lots of good points for when we go wine shopping. And last night we really did look, smell, taste and savour our glass of wine.’ (Wanda)
‘Thanks a lot: I really enjoyed the evening – it was great fun – thank you so much!’ (Lesley)
‘Thank you I really enjoyed myself! I have passed this onto colleagues in the office who are interested too!’ (Kate)
- Prosecco La Marca Treviso Extra Dry NV, 11% (£8.99, Majestic)
- Waimea Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2010, Nelson, 13.5% (£9.99 Majestic)
- Cave de Beblenheim Pinot Gris Reserve 2010, Alsace, 13% (£9.29, Waitrose)
- Somborne Valley Estate Rosé 2010 Hampshire, 11% (£7.99, Waitrose)
- Taste the Difference Chilean Merlot, 13.5% (£5.99, Sainsbury’s)
- Rioja Reserva 2005, Vendimia Seleccionada, Bodegas Muriel, 13% (£9.99, Majestic)
- Campbell’s Rutherglen Muscat NV, Victoria, 17.5% (£10.99, Waitrose)
Our next Back to Basics date is our Christmas special on Weds 23rd November 2011, which is already sold out.