Festive Back to Basics
(by peter & susie)
Last night we gave a very warm Winchester Wine School welcome to 22 hardy souls who braved the bitter cold and took gameful part in our Back to Basics Christmas special.
This one-off event, which focused on wines for the festive period, featured Peter in a Santa hat, many mince pies, a sprinkle of tinsel, wine tips galore – and the following wines:
- Castillo de Molina Sauvignon Blanc 2010 (£6.39 down from £7.99, Majestic)
- Prosecco Brut NV, Tesco Finest (£9.99, Tesco)
- Wither Hills Pinot Gris 2010, Wairau (£9.99-5.99, Waitrose)
- Quartet Brut NV, Anderson Valley (£17.99 down from £26, Majestic)
- Ara Composite Pinot Noir 2008, Marlborough (£9.99 down from £14.99 from 1/12 to 4/1/11, Co-op)
- Viña Pomal Rioja Reserva 2005, Centenario (from £8.99, Majestic)
- Henriques and Henriques Full Rich Madeira (£11.49, Waitrose)
The following video stars a frosty Peter, Susie on camera, and the start of the course:
Huge thanks to all those who came along and helped make the evening such fun. If you’re interested in signing up to one of our spring 2011 courses, dates for which we’ll be announcing soon, either contact us by clicking here, or sign up to our newsletter by clicking here.
As a final festive plug, our Winchester Wine School gift vouchers make great presents – click here to find out more.