“One of the top English wine critics [and] the world’s leading commentator on Chilean wine.” (The Drinks Business)
The Chile Wine Brief is an opinionated, authoritative analysis of the fast-moving Chilean wine scene, including over 130 detailed wine recommendations, 46 producer profiles including top-ten producer (and winemaker) rankings and much more.
It’s suitable for anyone with a keen interest in being ahead of the wine curve – from those in the wine trade to students, Chilean producers and everyday wine lovers keen to enjoy the best bottles Chile has to offer.
Key features in the Chile Wine Brief 2013 include:
- Top ten producer rankings, including Ten to Watch, Best Value and Star Winemaker
- 46 individual producer profiles
- More than 130 individual wines (from over a thousand tasted) reviewed and rated from 3 star (recommended) to 5 star (sensational)
- 10 key talking points
- Facts & figures: production & export figures plus historic to current data, including breakdowns, on vineyard area, grape varieties, production and regions
- Pithy analysis of grapes varieties and regions: strengths, weaknesses, forecasts plus star varieties & producers
- 2013 vintage report
- Original illustrations and photography
The Brief has been featured in Chile’s broadsheet El Mercurio and The Drinks Business. Highly respected Chilean wine writer Patricio Tapia, editor of Descorchados, also penned the following review:
“Peter Richards is undoubtedly one of the most knowledgeable writers on Chilean wines in the world, if not the most. And this report proves it. An effort as impressive as entertaining to show the state of things in the Chilean wine scene. A must read!”
Download the (low-res) PDF for free here (2MB): Chile Wine Brief 2013 by Peter Richards MW or email for a high-res version.